CIJUG News and Meetings
One of the key practices to create quality software is Test Driven Development (TDD). Come learn how automated tests and thinking about tests first can impact your design and help you create reliable software that is easier to change and does what is is supposed to do. We will examine simple techniques used in application development today and demonstrate TDD in action.
Our speaker Greg Orton has spent over a decade creating applications using TDD. He is the IT Development Manager at Iowa Student Loan where TDD is an integral part of the extreme programming practices that support their agile software development projects
We are privileged to hold our meeting at the new Waukee Innovation and Learning Center this month! Please come for the talk and then feel free to stay to get a look around this amazing new facility! Details on the WILC and the Waukee Apex program can be found at waukeeapex.org
Please sign up to attend this meeting as space will be limited: Register at Eventbrite
Waukee Innovation and Learning Center
3199 Ashworth Rd
Waukee, IA 50263
We look forward to seeing you there!
CIJUG's Epic Sponsor for 2017 is Source Allies
Source Allies is a local technical consultancy who values collaboration, craftsmanship, and an ownership mentality. We provide a home to our teammates where we encourage each other to grow not only technically, but as peers & consultants. This is evident in the quality software we deliver to clients.
- Learn about our “ownership mentality” at: www.sourceallies.com
Who We Are
- 24 Feb 2017 » March 9th @ 6:00 PM - Test Driven Development with Greg Orton
- 31 Jan 2017 » February 9th @ 6:00 PM - Azure Functions and AWS Lambdas with Aaron Hoffman
- 08 Dec 2016 » December 8th @ 6:00 PM - abstract class AgilePrinciples // The building blocks of Agile with Brandon Carlson
- 06 Nov 2016 » November 10th @ 6:00 PM - Clojure
- 04 Oct 2016 » October 13th @ 6:00 PM - Advanced Series: So what do we do with the architects?