Learn about Spring Boot, a new opinionated convention-over-configuration RESTful framework that makes your life easier.
- Get up and running in minutes
- Writing web apps without or with a WAR?!?!
- Deploy without or with an app server?!?!
Yes is the answer!
“Spring Boot makes it easy to create Spring-powered, production-grade applications and services with absolute minimum fuss. It takes an opinionated view of the Spring platform so that new and existing users can quickly get to the bits they need.
You can use Spring Boot to create stand-alone Java applications that can be started using java -jar or more traditional WAR deployments.” Then take it to the next level with JHipster, a buzz-worthy opinionated full stack generator that pulls together [AngularJS] + Spring Boot with many tools:
- build (Gradle + Grunt)
- front end (Twitter Bootstrap, Thymeleaf, WebSockets)
- back end (Spring-Loaded hot reload, monitoring metrics, Hazelcast, HikariCP)